Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com
GRINGO JIU JITSU!: MMA Fighters Got Huge Hearts!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

MMA Fighters Got Huge Hearts!




(pics of some of the babys we rescued in Brasil that now live at the orphanages I planted :-)

My travels to help other people have taken me to China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Vietnam over the last 9 years. I also lived in Brasil for almost 4 of those years where I planted two orphanages. I'm now the VP for a non-profit group based in the USA that does local work as well as support works in Brazil, China, Hondorus, and about to add Argentina. As you can see by that resume, I dedicate the largest part of my life to giving to others, especially less fortunate children/families.
When I returned home from Brazil, I decided to try something new (at least to me). To mix my two great loves.....helping kids and MMA. So far I have thrown 3 fundraising events and have asked big name MMA fighters to make appearances to support the work. I have been blown away by how big these guys hearts are.


First and foremost, the greatest guy in the sport to me, Jorge Gurgel. Jorge has attended two of our 3 events and has been a big giver in many ways. Here is a guy with a great fight record, the biggest damn MMA school in the country, trains the former UFC champ Rich Franklin along with a slew of others greats, and from what I hear is probably one of the best jiu jitsu "coaches" in the country (I've trained and rolled with him but dont want to give a biased opinion of my friend so I'll go by what others say). This guys walks into a room and makes himself available to everyone there, not only available, but genuinely takes time to build relationships with the people at our events. I know he is super busy, but always makes time for us and the kids. Thanks Jorge, your the best bro! Muito Obrigado e Abracos meu irmao!!!!!









Others who have come out and been supportive include but not limited to Rich Franklin, Wes Simms, Kenny Florian, Josh Rafferty, Neil Rowe, Trevor Garrett, Mike Patt, and the list goes on (sorry if I forgot you).


I don't know if you guys know how much it means to me that you came out, I hope you do! Its my greatest passion to help these kids and you taking time out to help me acheive my dream leaves me speechelss. Thanks my brothers!

If anyone feels moved to give to the childrens works, you can make a donation by using the button to the side of this blog that says "donate".
If you want to donate a sizeable amount and would like a tax write off receipt, just contact me. Even a dollar makes a difference. Thanks.