Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com
GRINGO JIU JITSU!: My first match in Brazilian Jiu jitsu in Brazil....

Friday, October 5, 2007

My first match in Brazilian Jiu jitsu in Brazil....

I got off the plane in 2002. One day later I walked into a BJJ Academy to work out. I had no belt, only a judo top with a bad boy patch on it I had bought off ebay. I had never trained at a formal academy. Only with my buddys in a garage using video instructionals to pick up new moves. The instructor wanted to see what I had so he put me in against a blue belt my weight. The video explains the rest. I am now embarrassed out how sloppy the it is (come on, I had to start somewhere and have since went on to win some pretty big tournys), I still love what I do at 2:30 seconds into this film, its still the "sickest back take" I came up with (Im not saying I am the original inventor, just no one ever taught it to me and I never seen it done before), and still use today. I'd say I won this match on points for sure...lol... And I made the film not to show off but just practicing on how to make films with my mac. Enjoy!